What ylang ylang essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using this aromatherapy oil?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using ylang ylang essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Avoid using ylang ylang essential oil if you have low blood pressure.
2. Avoid using ylang ylang essential oil if you have sensitive or damaged skin.
3. Do not use it alone for more than 2-3 months as it may lead to sensitization.
4. Preparations with a high concentration of ylang ylang can cause headaches and nausea.
5. Do not confuse essential oils with fragrance oils since the latter do not have the healing properties of the natural aromatherapy oils.