What thyme essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using this aromatherapy oil?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using thyme essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Avoid thyme essential oil if you are pregnant.
2. Avoid thyme essential oil if you have high blood pressure.
3. Thyme essential oil can irritate the skin and mucous membranes
4. Do not use it alone for more than 2-3 months as it may lead to sensitization.
5. Always buy your essential oils from a reputable vender to ensure you use high quality therapeutic grade essential oils in your blends.