What sweet orange essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using it?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using eucalyptus essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Do not expose your skin to the sun or UV rays for 12 hours after using it.
2. Do not use on sensitive or damaged skin.
3. Do not use it alone for more than 2-3 months as it may lead to sensitization.
4. Always buy your essential oils from a reputable vender to ensure you use high quality therapeutic grade essential oils in your blends.
5. Do not confuse orange essential oil with orange fragrance oil since the latter does not have the healing properties of the natural aromatherapy oil.
Ask An Aromatherapist Your Question