What peppermint essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using it?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using peppermint essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Do not use it in pregnancy.
2. Do not use it if you have epilepsy.
3. Do not use it if you have irregular heartbeats or cardiac fibrillation.
4. Avoid using it at night if you have insomnia.
5. Do not confuse peppermint essential oil with peppermint fragrance oil since the latter do not have the healing properties of the natural aromatherapy oil.
Ask An Aromatherapist Your Question