What myrrh essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using it?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using eucalyptus essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Avoid using it during pregnancy since it can act as a uterine stimulant
2. Avoid using high doses since it can be toxic
3. Do not use/ avoid it if you are allergic to cosmetics, perfumes and spicy foods
4. Do not use it alone for more than 2-3 months as it may lead to sensitization.
5. Do not confuse essential oils with fragrance oils as the latter do not have the healing properties of the natural aromatherapy oils.
Ask An Aromatherapist Your Question