What lemon essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using it?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using lemon essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Do not use it if skin will be exposed to sunlight or UV rays in 12-24 hours as it is phototoxic.
2. Do not use it if you have low blood pressure.
3. It may irritate sensitive skin.
4. Do not use it if you are allergic to lemons.
5. Do not confuse lemon essential oil with lemon fragrance oil as the latter does not have the healing properties of the natural aromatherapy oil.
Ask An Aromatherapist Your Question