What eucalyptus essential oil safety precautions should I keep in mind when using it?
Ask An Aromatherapist Answer
When using eucalyptus essential oil keep the following safety precautions in mind:
1. Avoid/Do not use Eucalyptus globulus on children less than 2 years of age. Use Eucalyptus radiata.
2. Do not ingest it as it can be fatal when taken orally.
3. Do not use it if you have epilepsy.
4. Do not use it if you have high blood pressure.
5. Do not use it alone for more than 2-3 months as it can lead to sensitization.
Ask An Aromatherapist Your Question